- Charges a fee for use
- Access by guest researcher allowed
- Host technician(s) available
- The SEM model is Zeiss (LEO) 1455VP
- Computer system: Windows 7
- SEM Software: SmartSEM version 5.05
- Accelerating voltage range of 200V to 30 kV.
- Magnifications up to 60,000x.
- Secondary electron detector
- Backscattered detector
- Variable pressure secondary electron detector
- Image Output: 8-bit TIFF, up to 3072 x 2304 pixels
- Large chamber capable of accommodating samples up to approximately 15x15x15cm.
The SIS hosts and provides training and use of state-of-the-art electron microscopes and sample preparation related accessory equipment. The SIS also provides digital imaging, poster printing and photographing services.
- Transmission electron microscope (FEI Tecnai 12 TEM)
- Scanning electron microscope (Zeiss 1455VP SEM)
- Critical point dryer (Leica EM CPD300)
- Sputter coater (Leica EM ACE200)
- Ultramicrotome (Leica EM UC6 and ULTRACUT E)
- High pressure freezing system (Leica EM PACT)
- Freeze substitution and low temperature embedding system (Leica EM AFS)
- Large format printer (Canon imagePROGRAF iPF8000S)
TEM, SEM, electron microscope, critical point dryer, sputter coater, printer, ultramicrotome
- Biological and Life Sciences
Industry Liaison Officer
Date submitted: Fri, Jul 29, 2016 4:30 PM
Date updated: Tue, Aug 2, 2016 9:03 AM