Processing of animal tissue, dehydration and infiltration with paraffin.
The Histology laboratory provides routine and specialized histological support services primarily to investigators within the Faculty of Medicine, and upon request to other researchers in the university community. These services include processing, embedding, sectioning and staining of necropsy and surgical specimens utilizing frozen, paraffin and plastic resin embedding techniques. Both technologists are available to assist, recommend or perform any of the techniques used in this laboratory. Services are provided on a first come, first serve basis with a set fee applied for cost recovery purposes.
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Veterinary Sciences
- Environmental Technologies and Related Services
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Health Care and Social Services
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment
- Ocean Industries
Date submitted: Tue, Aug 14, 2018 11:33 AM
Date updated: Tue, Aug 14, 2018 11:34 AM