The Agilent 1100 Series HPLC is a very popular and robust LC system. Our HPLC is coupled with a multiwavelength UV/VIS detector for easy, cost effective separation and quantitation of your UV/VIS active compounds.
- The HPLC is equipped with a quaternary pump for reversed phase chromatography and an isocratic pump for normal phase chromatography.
- A suite of reverse phase columns are available for use.
- The maximum operating pressure is 400bar.
- Detection and quantitation are carried out with a UV-VIS multiwavelength detector (wavelength range 190-600nm) that allows monitoring up to five different wavelengths simultaneously without sacrificing sensitivity.
- The software used is ChemStation for LC 3D Rev.A.10.02 .
The facility has five instruments to cover for a wide range of applications, from high resolution mass determination of large organic molecules, to separation, quantitation and identification of organic compounds with a number of sample introduction options ionization sources and analyzer types to allow analysis over a large mass range from small molecules to large proteins and for different compound chemistries.
The instruments currently in the facility are:
- GC-MS (EI) with a quadrupole analyser
- GC- MS (EI/CI) with a quadrupole analyser
- HPLC-UV/VIS with options for normal and reverse chromatography
- HPLC-UV/VIS-MS (TOF) with Dual ESI and APPI ionization sources
The TOF (time of flight) analyser provides high sensitivity and resolution for accurate mass determination of small and large organic molecules. Normal or reverse phase chromatography options.
- CE-UV/VIS with option for coupling to the MS (TOF)
Reverse phase chromatography columns are available for use in the HPLC-UV/MS applications. The full list is available on the website.
Potential users of the facility are encouraged to meet with the operator prior to training to discuss the scope and nature of their work to determine the most appropriate instrument choice.
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Engineering - Agricultural, Forest, Environmental, Mining, Mineral
- Engineering - Chemical, Nuclear, Other
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Marine/Ocean Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Agriculture, Animal Science and Food
- Chemical Industries
- Clean Technology
- Consumer Non-Durables
- Energy (Renewable and Fossil)
- Environmental Technologies and Related Services
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Forestry and Forest-Based Industries
- Health Care and Social Services
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment
- Mining, Minerals and Metals
- Ocean Industries
Industry Liaison Officer
Date submitted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 4:20 PM
Date updated: Thu, Sep 20, 2018 1:38 AM