Versatile multidisciplinary instrument available to internal and external users. High resolution imaging on a variety of sample types, Mineralogical mapping (MLA), quantitative compositional analysis (EDX), Electron backscatter diffraction analysis (EBSD).
- Field emission gun (FEG) electron source for high stability, high resolution imaging. Intrinsic SEM imaging resolution ~3.0nm.
- Two Bruker XFlash SDD X-ray detectors for EDX analysis. Enery resolution <133 eV.
- FEI MLA software package for automated mineralogical analysis.
- ESEM capabilities for imaging wet samples.
- Oxford EBSD system with Nordlys II camera.
- Astronomy and Physics
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Engineering - Agricultural, Forest, Environmental, Mining, Mineral
- Engineering - Civil, Structural
- Engineering - Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Marine/Ocean Sciences
- Chemical Industries
- Clean Technology
- Energy (Renewable and Fossil)
- Mining, Minerals and Metals
- Ocean Industries
Industry Liaison Officer
Date submitted: Tue, Sep 25, 2018 12:37 PM
Date updated: Wed, Sep 26, 2018 8:44 PM