The Agilent GC-MS (EI/CI) is a popular instrument that delivers a superior performance, reliability, higher sensitivity and better productivity for the analysis of an extensive list of volatile and semi-volatile compounds.The option of switching from EI to CI ionization adds enhanced selectivity and flexibility in method development and analysis for a wide range of applications.
- GC has a split/splitless injector, with a 7683 Autosampler with a 100 vial tray.
- The GC is equipped with a Phenomenex Zorbax ZB-5MSplus column: low polarity for a wide range of separations with low bleed characteristics, 30m length, 0.25mm I.D., 0.25um film thickness, temperature limits: -60-325 degrees Celsius.
- The GC is interfaced to a single quadrupole 5973 inert MSD with a mass range of 1.6 - 800 Da.
- Scan and SIM( single ion monitoring ) modes available with positive ion detection.
The facility has five instruments to cover for a wide range of applications, from high resolution mass determination of large organic molecules, to separation, quantitation and identification of organic compounds with a number of sample introduction options ionization sources and analyzer types to allow analysis over a large mass range from small molecules to large proteins and for different compound chemistries.
The instruments currently in the facility are:
- GC-MS (EI) with a quadrupole analyser
- GC- MS (EI/CI) with a quadrupole analyser
- HPLC-UV/VIS with options for normal and reverse chromatography
- HPLC-UV/VIS-MS (TOF) with Dual ESI and APPI ionization sources
The TOF (time of flight) analyser provides high sensitivity and resolution for accurate mass determination of small and large organic molecules. Normal or reverse phase chromatography options.
- CE-UV/VIS with option for coupling to the MS (TOF)
Reverse phase chromatography columns are available for use in the HPLC-UV/MS applications. The full list is available on the website.
Potential users of the facility are encouraged to meet with the operator prior to training to discuss the scope and nature of their work to determine the most appropriate instrument choice.
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Engineering - Agricultural, Forest, Environmental, Mining, Mineral
- Engineering - Chemical, Nuclear, Other
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Marine/Ocean Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Agriculture, Animal Science and Food
- Chemical Industries
- Clean Technology
- Consumer Non-Durables
- Energy (Renewable and Fossil)
- Environmental Technologies and Related Services
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Forestry and Forest-Based Industries
- Health Care and Social Services
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment
- Mining, Minerals and Metals
- Ocean Industries
Industry Liaison Officer
Date submitted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 4:20 PM
Date updated: Thu, Sep 20, 2018 1:38 AM