The Iatroscan is routinely used to measure lipid classes.
- Equipped with both FID and FPD detectors.
- The FID is used for determination of organic compounds
- The FPD is used for the determination of phosphorous and sulphur
- Both the FID and FPD can be used simultaneously.
- Software used is Peak Simple
Lipid Laboratory - Aquatic Research Cluster (ARC) - CREAIT Network
Newfoundland and Labrador (NL)
The Aquatic Research Cluster (ARC) provides analytical research facilities and support services for determination of lipids and carbon and nitrogen content of aquatic samples to faculty researchers, undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows within the University, as well as to government agencies and private sector R&D companies. ARC currently has analytical laboratories specializing in the determination of organic compounds (lipids and amino acids) and elements (carbon and nitrogen) in samples from the aquatic environment. The lipid lab has instrumentation for performing extractions, thin layer chromatography (TLC), and gas chromatography (GC). The C/N lab has instrumentation for determining dissolved and particulate organic carbon and nitrogen (DOC, POC, DON, PON). Samples may be submitted to be run by the ARC staff, or users may process their own samples, in which case training will be provided by ARC staff.
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Engineering - Chemical, Nuclear, Other
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Marine/Ocean Sciences
- Energy (Renewable and Fossil)
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Ocean Industries
Industry Liaison Officer
Technology Commercialization Officer
Jeanette Wells Primary Contact
Research Laboratory Coordinator – Aquatic Research Cluster (ARC)
Manager of Operations – Core Research Equipment and Instrument Training (CREAIT) Network
Date submitted: Mon, Oct 1, 2018 9:54 AM
Date updated: Wed, Oct 3, 2018 7:08 PM