Sectioning frozen tissue samples.
- Cryochamber temperature range: 0° to -35°C
- Section thickness 1 to 60 µm
- Maximum specimen size 55 x 55 mm
Our bone development lab studies the development of bone in zebrafish and chicken embryos, specifically the bones of the skull. We use histology and molecular biology to study the genes and tissue interactions that underlie bone formation. This fundamental comparative research is necessary in order to understand human disorders that include bone malformations, as well as to understand how developmental processes have changed over the course of evolution.
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment
Date submitted: Mon, Mar 6, 2017 3:44 PM
Date updated: Mon, Mar 6, 2017 3:44 PM