Precise mechanical testing with force and displacement, with measurement of deformation her six orders of magnitude (nm - mm). Generally used for Young's Modulus and hardness testing.
- <0.01 nm displacement resolution
- > 500 micron max indentation depth
- 150 micron indenter travel
Max load: 500 mN
The Department of Applied Oral Sciences is a research unit within the Faculty of Dentistry at Dalhousie University. Working closely with the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Applied Oral Sciences faculty and staff focus their materials research mainly around glasses for biological applications, as well as tissue engineering. Instrumentation such as ICP-OES, DSC, mechanical testing units and a variety of other materials characterization equipment are available within the Department.
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Engineering - Chemical, Nuclear, Other
- Engineering - Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical
- Health Care and Social Services
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment
Date submitted: Wed, Mar 15, 2017 10:31 AM
Date updated: Wed, Mar 15, 2017 10:32 AM