Single column electromagnetic mechanical testing. Capable of performing tension, compression, fatigue, stress, strain, dynamic materials analysis and applying waveforms to sample.
- Load Capacity: +/- 1275 kg (12.5 kN)
- Displacement Capacity: +/- 25 mm (total range of 50 mm moving both plates)
- Maximum test space height 1000 mm
Test space width: 558 mm
The Department of Applied Oral Sciences is a research unit within the Faculty of Dentistry at Dalhousie University. Working closely with the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Applied Oral Sciences faculty and staff focus their materials research mainly around glasses for biological applications, as well as tissue engineering. Instrumentation such as ICP-OES, DSC, mechanical testing units and a variety of other materials characterization equipment are available within the Department.
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Engineering - Chemical, Nuclear, Other
- Engineering - Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical
- Health Care and Social Services
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment
Industry Liaison Officer
Date submitted: Wed, Mar 15, 2017 10:31 AM
Date updated: Wed, Mar 15, 2017 10:32 AM