CFIA certified AQC3 facility containing dry and wet lab space for study of aquatic pathogens and invasive species. Disease challenge experiment on marine or freshwater species with flow-through water systems, heated or ambient cold-water. Small recirculation systems are also available.
Currently configured wet space is of 12 x 500 L tanks. Smaller aquariums may be set-up in configurable space. All water is treated by filtration and UV. Dry lab spaces contain fish cell culture incubators, -80 freezers, BSCs and associated laboratory equipment.
The Cold-Ocean Deep-Sea Research Facility (CDRF) at the Ocean Sciences Centre provides researchers with access to state of the art infrastructure and equipment for the study of aquatic organisms, especially those from the cold waters of the Arctic and North Atlantic oceans.
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Engineering - Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Marine/Ocean Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Agriculture, Animal Science and Food
- Environmental Technologies and Related Services
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment
- Ocean Industries
Industry Liaison Officer
Date submitted: Fri, Jun 23, 2017 9:56 AM
Date updated: Fri, Jun 23, 2017 9:57 AM