The Scanning Electron Microscope can yield detailed surface information, from 30x to 500,000x magnification. Analytical software for Energy Dispersive X-Rays analyses the energy released from the material due to the impact of the electron beam. Elements as light as Boron can be detected. Electron Backscatter Diffraction can provide information on crystal orientation, texture, phase, grain statistics and strain conditions. Additional Information.
The Facilities for Materials Characterization (FMC) are a diverse set of materials characterization equipment operated by the Clean Technologies Research Institute at Dalhousie University. The FMC equipment can be used on a fee-for-service basis by researchers from academic, industry and government laboratories.
IRM, SEM, PPMS, FIB, FT Raman, XPS, DSC, Hot Press, Grindosonic, mictoscope, materials, institute
- Astronomy and Physics
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Engineering - Agricultural, Forest, Environmental, Mining, Mineral
- Engineering - Civil, Structural
- Engineering - Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical
- Clean Technology
- Energy (Renewable and Fossil)
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment
- Manufacturing and Processing
- Mining, Minerals and Metals
Date submitted: Thu, Jul 13, 2017 12:39 PM
Date updated: Thu, Jul 13, 2017 3:13 PM