Astronomical optical imaging
- Sensor: Truesense KAI-11002
- Dark Current: 1.2 e- per second at 0C (2x2 binned)
- Array Size: 2004x1336 (binned 2x2)
- A/D Converter: 16-bit
- Full Well: 60,000 e-
- Read Noise: 11 e- RMS
- Optical Filters: 8
- Field of View: 31.1’ x 20.7’
- Details are here
The Burke-Gaffney Observatory is a fully robotic optical astronomical observatory. It is the world's first observatory to interact with its observers entirely using social media platforms (Twitter and Facebook).
It has a flexible and easy-to-use interface that allows observers to obtain astronomical images of objects of their choice in a fully-automatic way.
- Astronomy and Physics
- Information and Communication Technologies and Media
Date submitted: Fri, Aug 25, 2017 12:49 PM
Date updated: Fri, Aug 25, 2017 12:50 PM