- Carbon and Natural Nanomaterials Production
- Nanocomposites Engineering
- Engineering - Chemical, Nuclear, Other
- Aerospace and Satellites
- Clean Technology
- Energy (Renewable and Fossil)
- Forestry and Forest-Based Industries
- Manufacturing and Processing
TGA is a technique in which the mass of a substance is monitored as a function of temperature or time as the sample specimen is subjected to a controlled temperature program in a controlled atmosphere.
- Temperature Range: ambient to 1000 C
- Isothermal Temperature Accuracy: ±1°C
- Isothermal Temperature Precision: ±0.1°C
- Heating Rate Range:
- 0.1 to 100°C/min in 0.01°C/min increments (standard furnace)
- 0.1 to 50°C/min in 0.01°C/min increments (EGA furnace)
- Furnace Cooling: Forced Air 1000°C to 50°C in < 12 min.
- Weighing Capacity: 1.0 grams
- Sensitivity: 0.1 g
- Weighing Precision: ± 0.01%
- DSC is a thermal analysis technique that looks at how a material’s heat capacity (Cp) is changed by temperature. A sample of known mass is heated or cooled and the changes in its heat capacity are tracked as changes in the heat flow. This allows the detection of transitions such as melts, glass transitions, phase changes, and curing.
- The Q20P is a dedicated pressure DSC system that provides heat flow measurements on pressure sensitive materials from -130 to 550 ˚C, at pressures from 1 Pa (0.01 torr) to 7 MPa (1,000 psi).
- Sample size 0.5 to 100 mg (nominal)
- Sample volume 10 mm3 in hermetic pans
- Sample pans Various open or hermetically sealed (standard and Tzero series)
- Purge gases Recommended: air, argon, helium, nitrogen, or oxygen
- Typical purge flow rate 50 mL/min
- Cell volume 3.4 mL
- DMA measures the mechanical properties of materials as a function of time, temperature, and frequency.
- The Q800 utilizes state-of-the-art, non-contact, linear drive technology to provide precise control of stress, and air bearings for low friction support. Strain is measured using optical encoder technology that provides unmatched sensitivity and resolution.
- The Q800 offers all the major deformation modes required to characterize solid bars, elastomers, soft foams, thin films and fibers. The deformation modes include bending (single cantilever, dual cantilever, and 3-point bend), shear, compression, and tension. In addition, submersible compression and film tension clamps are available.
Maximum Force 18 N
Minimum Force 0.0001 N
Force Resolution 0.00001 N
Strain Resolution 1 nanometer
Modulus Range 103 to 3×1012 PA
Modulus Precision ±1%
TanA Sensitivity 0.0001
TanA Resolution 0.00001
Frequency Range 0.01 to 200 Hz
Dynamic Sample Deformation Range ±0.5 to 10,000 pm
Temperature Range -150 to 600 °C
Heating Rate 0.1 to 20 ‘C/min
Cooling Rate 0.1 to 10 °C/min
Isothermal Stability ±0.1 °C
Time/Temperature Superposition Yes
Laser-induced incandescence is an optical technique for accurate, non-intrusive, and temporally resolved measurement of soot volume fraction, specific surface area, and primary particle size.
Low end: <1.0 parts per trillion
<2 micrograms/cubic meter
High End: 10 parts per million
20 grams/cubic meter
Range: 10 – 100 nm
Precision: +/- 2% of max.
Specific Surface Area: Soot Surface Area / Primary Particle Diameter
The twin-screw kneaders have the task of conveying, compacting, plastifying and homogenizing plastics materials (in granule and powder form), fed via a hopper/dosing unit, and to feed these to a die (mould) for further forming.
The twin-screw kneader serves to manufacture test specimens and to evaluate the material processing properties.
• Hinged C-flanges for easy dismantling
• Motorized axial barrel movement (optional)
• Configurable for co-rotating operation
• Configurable for counter-rotating operation
• Configurable for high throughput
Screw diam.: (mm) 25
Length of barrel elements: (x D) 6
Processing lengths, total: (x D) 18 – 48
Heater power per barrel segment: (kW) 1,2
Drive power: (kW) 7,5
Speed, max.: (min-1) 400
Drive power: Type S (kW) 15
Speed, max.: Type S (min-1) 800
Torque per shaft: (Nm) 2 x 85
Cooling - Feeding barrel: Water
Throughput: (kg/h) 0,5 – 15 (25)
Throughput: Type S (kg/h) 3 – 40
Width: (cm) 80
Height: (cm) 190
Weight: (kg) 350 – 700
DPN is NanoInk's patented process for deposition of nanoscale materials onto a substrate. The vehicle for deposition can include pyramidal scanning probe microscope tips, hollow tips, and even tips on electronically actuated cantilevers.
DPN is an established method of nanofabrication based on atomic force microscope (AFM). It enables precise control of the materials transferred from a tip to a substrate.
Custom-designed nanoscale features are easily fabricated using “ink" comprised of a wide range of materials from nanoparticles and thiols to DNA and proteins.
Humidity control performance specifications:
Humidity range: Min. = 5% Rh, max. = 75% Rh (below dew point)
Set point stability: ± 0.5 % Rh
Overshoot amplitude: 0.1 % Rh @ 60 % Rh from a 15% up‐ramp
Humidification ramp rate: 3% Rh/minute
Dehumidification ramp rate: ‐1% Rh/minute (over 20 % Rh) using an air compressor.
Temperature range: Min. = 2°C less than room temperature max. = up to 10°C greater than room temperature
Set point stability: ±0.2 °C (given a stable room temperature)
Detection resolution: 0.1 °C for full scale
Overshoot amplitude: 0.5°C
Heating ramp rate: 0.26°C/minute without DPN stage
Equilibrated heating ramp rate: 0.07°C/minute with DPN stage in chamber
Programmability: Software stabilizes temperature to a desired set point
A fundamental materials science test in which a sample is subjected to a controlled tension until failure. The results are used to select a material for an application, for quality control, and to predict how a material will react under other types of forces.
Designed for relatively low-force laboratory and quality control testing applications.
Instron® testing instruments are routinely found in applications and industries, such as plastics, metals, composites, elastomers, components textiles, aerospace, automotive and biomedical.
Load Frame Model
kN - 5
kgf - 500
lbf - 1125
mm/min - 1000
in/min - 40
mm/min - 0.01
in/min - 0.0004
Maximum Force @ Full Speed: 5kN (1125 lbf)
Maximum Speed @ Full Load
mm/min - 1000
in/min - 40
mm/min - 1200
in/min - 48
Speed Accuracy: ± 0.1% steady state, measured over 100 mm or 30 sec, whichever is greater, no load
Position Measurement Accuracy: ±0.01 mm or 0.15% of displacement of displayed reading (whichever is greater)
Position Repeatability: ±0.05 mm (0.002 in.)
Load Weighing Accuracy: ±0.5% of full scale to 1/50 of load cell capacity, or ±1 count on the display, whichever is greater
Strain Measurement Accuracy: 0.6% of reading ±25% of calibration point ±1 count on the display, whichever is greater
Total Crosshead Travel: 1135 mm (44.7 in)
Total Vertical Test Space *: 1192 mm (46.9 in)
Space Between Columns: 420 mm (16.5 in)
Testing Type: Tension, Compression, Reverse Stress
Single Space below Moving Crosshead
Basic Control Mode: Position Control Loop, closed around crosshead drive
Crosshead Position Control Resolution: 0.000118 mm/pulse (4 µ in)
Crosshead Position Repeatability: > ±0.05 mm (0.002 in)
Acceleration Time, 0 to top speed: 150 msec
Emergency Stop Time: 100 ms
Axial Stiffness: 40 kN/mm (225,000 lb/in)
Operating Temperature: +10°C to +38°C (+50°F to +86°F)
Storage Temperature: -40°C to +66°C (-40°F to +150°F)
Humidity: 10% to 90% (non-condensing)
* Total vertical test space = distance from top surface of base platen to fixture attachment point on load cell.
Date submitted: Tue, Nov 29, 2016 12:08 PM
Date updated: Tue, Nov 29, 2016 12:09 PM