The facility has three very high temperature furnaces that operature at 1650, 1600 and 1500 degrees celcius respectively. The largest can hold samples up to 20 cm on a side. Two of the three furnaces are capable of working with a controlled atmosphere.
The facility also houses a three zone temperature gradient furnace that operates up to 1100 oC.
The high pressure facility can work with small samples 1 cm long and up to 0.5 millimetres in diameter at pressures from 5000 to 20000 atmospheres at temperatures up to 2000 oC.
- Astronomy and Physics
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Engineering - Agricultural, Forest, Environmental, Mining, Mineral
- Engineering - Chemical, Nuclear, Other
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Arts and Cultural Industries
- Chemical Industries
- Clean Technology
- Consumer Durables
- Energy (Renewable and Fossil)
- Environmental Technologies and Related Services
- Manufacturing and Processing
- Mining, Minerals and Metals
Date submitted: Thu, Dec 8, 2016 6:33 PM
Date updated: Thu, Dec 8, 2016 6:34 PM