The CORES EM Unit supports research and training across multiple faculties at Dalhousie University, as well as for many external clients. Services such as the preparation and observation of samples with the TEM are provided. Sample processing, such as fixation, embedding, thin sectioning, positive and negative staining, is routinely performed.
- Astronomy and Physics
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Marine/Ocean Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Animal Science and Food
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment
The JEOL 1230 TEM is used by both students and researchers for the observation of biological samples that have either been thin sectioned, or negatively stained "whole mount" samples. Typical samples viewed with the TEM include bacteria, viruses, cultured cells, tissues, etc.
Hamamatsu ORCA-HR digital camera
Date submitted: Mon, Mar 6, 2017 11:20 AM
Date updated: Mon, Mar 6, 2017 12:10 PM