Luna Ocean Consulting Ltd. (LOCL or Luna Ocean) is an oceanographic consulting company based in rural maritime Nova Scotia. We have offices in Freeport and Shad Bay (Nova Scotia) providing shelter, power, high-speed internet, water access, and local knowledge useful for a wide range of oceanographic tests. We also have extensive knowledge of the Atlantic Canadian coastline, and can assist with planning and performing experiments at several easily accessible and remote locations.
We have access to commercial marine vessels ranging from an 18 to 40 feet, and a wide range of equipment for oceanographic site characterization including flow, waves, seabed, and marine life. We also design and construct seabed mounted, mid-water column, and floating instrument mounts and moorings.
- Astronomy and Physics
- Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Engineering - Agricultural, Forest, Environmental, Mining, Mineral
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Marine/Ocean Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Clean Technology
- Energy (Renewable and Fossil)
- Environmental Technologies and Related Services
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Ocean Industries
Please see equipment list for facility in Shad Bay. Equipment is used interchangeably between Freeport and Shad Bay.
Date submitted: Mon, Mar 27, 2017 2:55 PM
Date updated: Tue, Sep 26, 2017 11:54 AM